INFORMATION NOTICE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
We wish to inform you comprehensively and transparently about the processing that our company could carry on your personal data provided and/or collected during various contacts that you could have with us, by visiting our website www.diesel.com (hereinafter the “Site”) and/or other websites related to us during the time, during the visit in our stores, by downloading and using our Apps, participating in prize contests, Wi-Fi systems in stores, social networks (hereinafter collectively, “Personal Data”).
Your privacy is extremely important for us and we kindly invite you to read the following information notice.
By submitting your Personal Data you may enjoy the advantages and benefits reserved exclusively to OUR registered customers (subject to availability in your Country), and we offer to those who love our products, that visit our online store or our stores in the world or that use our App or other online services.
1. WHO COLLECT THE PERSONAL DATA
Subjects who collect and process the Personal Data, as DATA CONTROLLER (hereinafter “Data Controllers” or “Controllers”) are:
- OTB S.p.A., with registered offices in Italy, Breganze (Vi), Via dell'Industria 2, 36042, telephone +390445306555, email firstname.lastname@example.org, for marketing and profiling purposes;
- Diesel S.p.A., with registered offices in Italy, Breganze (Vi), Via dell'Industria 4-6, 36042, telephone +390424477555, email email@example.com, for marketing and profiling purposes and, in case of purchase through the Site, also for administrative and accounting purposes;
- the local affiliate of Diesel S.p.A. of the Country where you will purchase our products or will use our services, will process data for administrative and accounting purposes;
- the local affiliate of Diesel S.p.A. of the Country where you are resident (or if a local affiliate where you are resident is not available, the local affiliate where you register for the first time), will process data for marketing and profiling purposes.
If you want to receive more information on local affiliates of Diesel S.p.A. you could visit the following link or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the postal addresses mentioned above. Data Controllers appointed also the following data processors that could process the Personal Data on their behalf (hereinafter collectively “Data Processors”).
A complete list of Data Processors appointed may be prompted by writing to Data Controllers an email to email@example.com or to the postal addresses mentioned in the epigraph of this information notice.
2. WHY WE COLLECT THE PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data will be processed for the following purposes:
a. contractual, administrative and accounting purposes: execution of sales contract, accounting and fulfillment of legal obligations, after-sales services, subscription of the loyalty program, execution of other services requested from customers (e.g. checking requirements for joining special discount programmes for customers). The legal basis for this data processing is: execution of a contract of which you are a part. The Data collected for this purpose will be kept for the entire duration of the contractual relationship and for 10 years after the termination of the same.
b. subject to your consent, for marketing purposes: advertising activities on social networks to which you are subscribed, dispatch of advertising material or direct sales material, market research, commercial communication even customized with automated systems (e-mail, other communication systems via communication networks such as, by way of example but not limited to: sms, mms, Whatsapp) and traditional (paper mail) contact methods, and offering of customized sales services at Data Controllers stores worldwide. The legal basis for this data processing is: your consent. The Data collected for this purpose will be retained until the withdrawal of your consent;
c. subject to your consent, for profiling purposes, that is analysis of your consumer choices consistent in automated processing of the Personal Data included data relating to purchases details in stores and websites of Data Controllers worldwide. This processing is finalized to predict your purchase preferences and to create customers profiles. The legal basis for this data processing is: your consent. The Data collected for this purpose will be retained until the withdrawal of your consent.
For the purposes of letter a., Data Controllers could collect and process the following Personal Data:
• personal information: first name, middle name, surname, name and surname in the local alphabet;
• during your visit in stores we will ask you, address of residence, city of residence, province of residence/state of residence, Country of residence, zip code, email address, phone number, mobile number, during a visit on online store we could collect shipping and invoicing address, method of delivery and payment, name of the holder of the credit card and expiration, requests made to customer service.
In addition to the Personal Data listed above, for the purposes of letters b. and c., Data Controllers could collect and process also the following Personal Data related to your profile and preferences:
• data collected during your visit in stores included use of Wi-Fi system: birthday, alleged age group, date of birth, in certain Country Wechat ID, gender, method and date of registration, preferences on store and sales assistant, language, categories of preferred products, mode of use of services, preferences about the services marked in stores, redemption campaign, attendance events, products brought into the dressing room but not purchased;
• data concerning purchases made online and in stores: detail of the products purchased, size, price, discount, units, color, wash, fit, model, collection, level of expenditure calculated, abandoned shopping cart;
• data regarding participation in prize contests;
• data collected during navigation or during online store purchases or the use of Apps: data related to browsing behavior and/or use held on Data Controllers websites by using, for example, cookies or information about pages that have been visited or searched or related to wishlist.
3. WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE THE PERSONAL DATA
Some Personal Data that we will point out during the registration procedure or purchase are required in order to execute the purchase and to pursue the administrative and accounting purposes (letter a. of the Paragraph 2).
Providing and processing of Personal Data for profiling and marketing purposes (letters b. and c. of paragraph 2) is optional and therefore their inclusion in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems that allow the processing of the Personal Data for marketing and profiling purposes will take place only with your consent.
You may at any time revoke your consent to the profiling and/or marketing purposes (letters b. and c. of Paragraph 2) contacting individually Data Controllers to the addresses above mentioned. Failing to provide the Personal Data and/or withhold your consent preclude the pursuit of profiling and marketing purposes but will not have any effect on your ability to finalize your purchases.
4. HOW WE WILL PROCESS THE PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data provided and/or collected by Data Controllers will be processed and stored by automated tools and, in some cases, they will be processed and stored on paper. In particular, Personal Data processed for profiling and marketing purposes will be stored in the CRM systems that allow the processing of Personal Data for marketing and profiling purposes of Data Contollers and/or Data Processors whose server is located in United States of America. You acknowledge that the Personal Data is being transferred abroad, also outside European Union, and may become accessible to governments under a lawful order made in that country.
The Personal Data collected for administrative and accounting purposes (paragraph 2, letter a.) shall be stored for the time necessary to perform the contract, or the provision of legal warranties in accordance with the terms of the retention required by the applicable law. The Personal Data collected for marketing and profiling purposes (paragraph 2, letters b. and/or c.) will be stored until the customer asks to revoke the registration or the consent to the processing of the Personal Data.
The Personal Data related to the details of purchases processed for profiling and/or marketing purposes, which will be retained no later than seven years in accordance with the Italian Privacy Authority Provision of 22 May 2018.
On expiry of the retention terms indicated above, or, if previous, to the withdrawal of your consent, the Personal Data will be automatically erased or made permanently and irreversibly anonymous.
5. WHO WILL PROCESS THE PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data will be processed by:
• employees and associates of the Data Controllers designated as persons in charge of the processing;
• employees and associates of the Data Processors designated by Data Controllers including (i) subjects that manage the traditional or online stores and that may view, edit and update the Personal Data entered into the CRM systems by which the Data Controllers process for marketing and profiling purposes (ii) subjects that manage storing of the Personal Data on behalf of the Data Controllers in accordance to local agreements and laws;
• third party members in or outside the EU, Data Processors, used by the Data Controllers in particular for acquisition services and data entry of Personal Data, shipping, distribution of promotional material, after sales support, market research, management and maintenance of the CRM systems by which the Data Controllers process for marketing and profiling purposes and others Data Controllers IT systems.
A full list of data processors appointed by the Data Controllers can be communicated by writing to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or to the postal addresses mentioned in the epigraph of this information notice.
The Personal Data may also be disclosed to third parties, independent data controllers, in particular professionals or legal or tax advice and assistance firms and companies managing payments made by debit or credit card, or for fraud prevention and control activities. The Personal Data will not be disseminated in any way. The Personal Data will be transferred outside of the country or of the European Union, in countries not providing for an adequate level of data protection, only in accordance with the safeguards set forth by applicable privacy laws.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
Accordingto United Kingdom Data Protection Act of 1998 and to Chapter III of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, you can at any time request information on personal data collected, used, disclosed or processed by the Data Controllers (right of access), as well as request for integration, rectification or erasure and object to their processing. Furthermore, you will be able to exercise also the following rights: restriction of processing, data portability and lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
In particular, you have the right to object and withdraw your consent, in whole or in part, to the collection, use, disclosure or processing of your personal data for purposes of dispatch of advertising material, direct selling or for the fulfillment of market surveys or commercial communication both automated (e-mail, other systems of distance communication as, by way of example: SMS, MMS, Whatsapp) and traditional (paper mail).
If you prefer that the processing of your personal data is carried out solely by means of traditional contact methods, you may object to the processing of your personal data by means of automated contact methods.
In order to exercise your rights above and/or submit an inquiries or complaints with regard to the processing of your personal data, you may send a request to the Data Controllers by writing to this email address email@example.com or to the postal addresses and contacts mentioned in the epigraph of this information notice. The Data Protection Officer of Controllers is available at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any question or need help with your account, you may contact us to assist you.
We will respont to every message within 1 working day. Monday to Saturday, excluding national holidays.